Monday, May 30, 2011

So I am on the internet and thought I would quickly pop my head in and give everyone an update of things going on. We are finally in our home and it feels wonderful. I unpacked the luggage and put it out on the balcony not to be packed up again for a while...yay! We love our new place. It is small but amazing. It's the most updated place we have lived in and so open and naturally bright. We need to upload pics on the computer so stay tuned for those. We have beds and just yesterday our bar stools and dining room set arrived that will go on the patio. Erik loves sitting at the counter up with the adults. He still sits over carpet which drives me bonkers but what can you do, you win some you lose some. We have nice granite counters and stainless steel appliances (well the ones that stay with the place). We have a tv and tv stand and we heard that our home goods are in australia. They are just awaiting their turn to go through customs. So hopefully in a couple of weeks we will actually have all our stuff and then the fun really begins making this place our cozy home.

Lindsay and I feel like we are on vacation in our new place with the view of the city and beautiful walls of windows. We are grateful we found it and are so close to the markets (shopping). We have to walk about 3 blocks to get the shopping center with the grocery store, fruit market, meat shop, etc. We are one block from the city cat dock and a block from the bus line we take to get into the city. Erik most days go out for one thing or another but that is starting to get old so I am trying to figure out a new routine with specific days of going out and days staying in. But I need ideas of fun things to do with a 2 year old at home with limited resources at the moment. We do have access to the gardens (grass and flowers) that the complex shares, so we have somewhere to play. But any ideas are great.

For those wanting lots and lots of pictures, if you are not only mine and lindsay's friends on facebook...find us. I post pics I take on my phone often and Lindsay uploads most of our camera pics. Facebook uploads quicker and easier than the blog. Plus we save some pics for B and sometimes those go up on lin's facebook page. So there you have it.

I am doing much better than I was a week or so ago. Lindsay was out of town for those few days and I was just struggling. I am in a much happier state and am excited to get things in a normal daily grind and find homes for things in our house. Although I am not fond of figuring out finances I can't wait for us to get our budget figured out and know how much we have to spend to where each month. Our paychack has been different each time and our bills haven't really started so we have that weird limbo feeling of not knowing how much we can spend and how much we need to put aside. Utilities here are only billed once a quarter so we wont even know that one for a few months which is a bit nerve racking but we will get it figured out.

Weather here is great. We dont use heat or a/c right now. Its usually fluctuating right around 70 during the day and a bit cooler in the morning and evening. It's sunny most days but often have small bursts where it will rain and be overcast for a few hours.

All right until next time....have a great day!

No comments: