Sunday, March 1, 2009

A week at the moon's

I love the above picture, it's like he is intently contemplating a deep issue.....but in actuality he is staring out the window of the car during a ride. Although I guess he still could be contemplating something great.
Me holding my little man while reading some great material ;) a gossip magazine! My mom and I love to read them, even though it's probably not the best thing. When we both lived in the same town whenever one of us would get one we would read it and then swap it and then pass it on to co-workers or friends who enjoy them. Now I get to try to read, which usually doesn't happen. You lucky ladies who breastfeed get the luxury of an extra hand while feeding, while I have the luxury of having help with feedings, both of my hands get tied up-well until Erik can hold his own bottle at least. But I don't want to think that far down the road yet!

Grammy Cindy came to hang out with us for the week while my mom has been here. We enjoyed her company thoroughly as we played scrabble, ate her yummy homemade cookies, chatted, and I can say that my house looks much much better after her and my mom worked their magic helping me to rearrange my furniture and set up the new nursery stuff. My house feels much more comfortable now! We wish Grammy Cindy could have stayed longer but we are excited for the next visit!



Grammy Spinelli is here helping out and has been helping with cooking and taking Erik in the morning for a couple of hours so that I could get a bit more sleep ( what will I do when everyone leaves?) . She taught me how to bath him and as you will see he loves his baths. Well actually he loves being in the bath and hates being taken out to get dressed. The ritual starting this week has been to play the barenaked ladies cd while bath time and dressing occurs and he loves it! Music will be this little guys passion I think. He loves all sorts and calms quickly when music is started.


We had our first "after placement" visit with our amazing social worker Travis! He came to make sure all of the adjustments are going smoothly and answer questions. He is such a great counselor and social worker, we have really enjoyed working with him!
Erik also had a doctors appointment this week and is growing well. Nothing to be worried about with our little man. He is up to 8.1 pounds and 22.something inches. He is in the 35 percentile for his weight but 75th for height and head circumfrence. So he is tall and skinny! But doing wonderfully! He is lifting his head more and is starting to smile sometimes when we talk to him. He loves Boomer and when Erik can see Boomer he always grins really big! Boomer is still cautious around the baby and curious. But when Erik cries he is the first at his side and if he doesn't think someone responds quick enough he runs from person, to baby, to the next person, until Erik is soothed. It's pretty cute. They will be good friends, no doubt in my mind!

chillin' like a villian on the bed while i was finishing up getting ready to run an errand!

looking adorable as a little fishie as he came out of the tub! Those hooded towels are so cute!


relaxing in the tub while mom washes him down. I can't wait for him to hold his head himself so it will be a little easier to let him stay in the bath a bit longer!

I added this pick to show the coolest sling! We went down to northridge last weekend to pick up a coat that I had repaired at REI and we did a little shopping. Instead of carrying the car seat I put Erik in the sling, and he was soooo content! Plus it helped with strangers not touching him because he was so close to my body. It's great because he will be able to grow and still use the sling. Erik will be able to face forward in it, and sit on my hip, and even on the back side of my hip as he grows. And the sling is soo comfortable. It's Hotslings brand, and though a bit spendy, already totally worth it!

All right Lindsay and my mom are waiting to start a movie. Until next time,
Som

10 comments:

Patsfield Family Photos said...

Cute post, I'm glad that the transition is going well!

Cory and Becca said...

yeah! I am glad that you have family visiting to help out. Looks like baby Moon is getting more and more alert in his pics! He's a cutie for sure. Glad you are doing well!

(bty, I noticed Eddie playing on your playlist while I was reading your blog--I love PJ! :)

Liz said...

Those are great pictures...thanks for sharing your happy moments!!

Jill said...

he is such a cute baby...and you are such a cute mom!!!!!!!

yes, I use stamps. i do stampin' up and sell it as well. FUN stuff :)

Becky W. said...

Soooo happy for you three in becoming a family!!! The joy and fun never stop. Congrats from the Wintrode's.

Unknown said...

great pictures, I think it's adorable that boomer is so caring.

chelsea mckell said...

I've heard that children who grow up with dogs are healthier and have stronger immune systems. Yay for Boomer! I love the sling. I have one too, but it was a cheaper one - like $15 - and was awkward. Next time I'll get a hotslings :)

Jarom & Corinne said...

You all look so good, and happy! We are so happy for you. love ya corinne

Lindsey from The R House said...

what a miracle. you look so, so happy.

:)

D.Jones said...

Sommer!!! cute baby! Congratulations. we love you guys!