Saturday, March 14, 2009

Party Animals

Shhh..... don't tell anyone, I am supposed to be preparing a sharing time lesson for tomorrow....but I would rather blog, so here I am. I thought I would share some of our pictures from the zoo. I am mad cause we had this awesome video of an orangutan named Karen doing somersaults and stuff and one of bears wrestling with each other but in the transfer from camera to computer, they are gone. Seems to be my luck lately, oh well. More reason for me to continue to ask Lindsay for a new camera with more megapixels that is smaller to fit in the diaper bag better.

This is Linds feeding Erik during a break. We were trying to keep his super fair skin out of the sun, so he has his extra pair of pants on his legs and feet and burp cloth on his head. We bought sunscreen finally today but it says babies need to be 6 months to use!? What? Here in Cali, he will definitely be in the sun before then....does anyone know about sunscreen with little infants. I think I might go ahead anyways and ask at his next appointment, I really don't want him to get burnt.
This was gogi the panda bear eating away at bamboo. This panda is a male and was sitting in the perfect light for the picture. It was fun to see that when he got up to get water, his bottom half where he is white was all dirty brown. I guess they sit most of the day eating.


The sweet giraffes eating away. I was amazed at how close we could get to them with the fence, there was a smaller one but was laying in the sun facing away from us.


Linds in front of the elephants......isn't he handsome? I know I tell you this all the time but he really is fantastic, the other night Erik was up quite a bit and he came and told me, "it's ok babe we will make it through this together." Meaning that night. Isn't he sweet, such the perfect cheerleader. He also thought it was cool that he was wearing a pig on his shirt that day because we were at the zoo. Notice the "Pink Floyd" under it though? Yeah I like the music but don't think they sing about the zoo. Nice one babe!



THis was Karen the Orangutan, she was quite the entertainer. One of the zoo employees was there on her day off and Lindsay heard her talking about how Karen came to the zoo with some bad heart problems, so she had a lot of one on one attention until she was better, so now she loves to do things to get attention and when she doesn't have it she gets mad. She was swinging from poles and sat right at the glass at the ground where a little girl was and put her hand at the glass was for the little girl to mimic, it was pretty cute! There was also a young orangutan who was doing somersaults when we first got to the exhibit and then went up into a hammock with it's mother, it was cute to watch them interact as well. The mother put her arm around her little one and picked at it's fur and things, very heartwarming.




Me and the awesome sling again. It was great. It does start to hurt after an extended (few hours) time but was great.
So all in all the San Diego zoo is awesome and even if you had to buy full price tickets, I would still say that it's worth it. They have all sorts of cool animals and what not. I am excited to go again in a few years, if we still live in Cali and take Erik when he can actually enjoy it. This time was Linds and I and we loved loved loved it!




4 comments:

Jill said...

What a fun outing! Sweet baby, awesome hubby, and cute and comfy dress :)

Woodrich Family said...

Totally fun day! The six month old sunscreen rule is true from what I have heard. They suggest using a sun bonnet for their head and face. They also have a certain kind that you can use sooner than the others. I would definitely ask the doctor. Hope your sharing time goes well!

Backwoods Browns said...

The sunscreen thing is true but also they still need Vit. D from the sun so getting a litlle bit of sun is good for them but definitely not too much.If you go to a natural health store, I found a sunscreen from "Aubrey"(the brand) for infants and it is all natural and safe for babies! We used it when Keeley was in the sun for 10 min and we were going to be out in it for longer! It works great, just rub it in well! But just do what you feel is good and safe for your baby! There skin is sensitive.As always ask your ped. On a whole different level. Sweet shots of the animals!! So cool! I wish we had a good zoo close by!! How fun and you look so cute with that outfit and the baby wrap on!! Such a natural!! :) Isn't it the best to see a hubby that loves to be so much apart of a baby's everyday routine!What great parents you two have become!!

Unknown said...

You guys are so cute!! I loved loved loved my sling too, I still actually use it with Nixon if you can believe it. Because it will hold his bum on my hip when we are in the airport or just having a time where he does NOT want to be set down. Erik is super cute and we love seeing the progress he is taking. Yeah for boys they are so fun. I love the zoo too, I am glad you guys went with Erik... we went with Nixon too and it's still fun for us too.