Thursday, February 19, 2009

Family Fun

Ahnna giving love to her first cousin on my side of the family! She loved on Erik so much....she loved to pat and gently rub his head, tell him "hi there", and of course give him kisses on the head! Every morning when she came up and saw him she wanted us to bring him down to her level or lift her up so that she could say hi. Such a cutie! She is going to have a new brother in June also so she will be such a help to her mommy and love her little Isaac!

Uncle Alex and Daddy playing and cooing with Erik on the floor. Alex and Haley will be adding to their family next month with a little girl named Zoey and Alex got in some good practice with the little man. They were so cute!

A four generation shot with my mom and Grandpa and Erik. I look totally exhausted, which I was.....and still am but overjoyed! Great Grandpa Jones now has had 7 great grandchildren! I found out while on our trip to Washington that I am inheriting a rocking chair from my Grandpa's mother. Which means Erik gets to rock in his Great Great grandmother's chair as he grows. How lucky we are! I can't wait for Grandpa to bring it next month!


Mr. magoo himself. This picture pretty much sums up our little moon babe in a nutshell. He always seems to be pulling cute faces throughout the day. He is a super alert baby and is awake almost all day with about 3 naps and then crashes for the night around 7. We have had nothing to do with that, I let him sleep whenever he wants but for such a small one he can't help but just watch what is going on! He has seen his place of residence now after 2 weeks in our family and I think he digs it! He has slept well in the pack n play and today my mom (who is staying with us here in cali to spend time with her first grandson and spoil me, I mean him) and I found a crib on clearance, so we bought it! So this weekend we will trek into town and find a mattress and then he will be in a crib and we can keep the pack n play downstairs to use while I try to keep up on things.
More to come on the joys of new motherhood soon...



8 comments:

Compton Family said...

Sommer he is so cute! I am so glad that you finally got your baby. We couldn't be happier for you guys. Keep us updated on life in Cali and your handsome little man.

Jarom & Corinne said...

How cute, I love the four generation picture you all look so happy. Tell your mom hi and give her a hug for me. Love ya! P.S. did you get my package?

Unknown said...

COngrats on the rocking chair. And I love the car seat picture. IT's a classic!

Cassie said...

Oh Sommer he is beautiful! I have not gotten on the blog for awhile, so I loved scrolling through all the precious pics you guys have snapped of him! He is so sweet and darling! I am relieved for you that he did so well coming home from Germany, flights only get more stressful the older they get! I am so happy for you guys! Parenthood is so exciting and challenging but so rewarding at the same time! Congratulations on your little man!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing these pictures of this sweet little man. I hope there are only more pictures to come.

the splendid life of us... said...

OK, I just realized that I don't think I ever congratulated you on your sweet little Eric. He is beautiful and I am so glad that he is in your arms safe and sound! Congrats on mommy-hood, it is wonderful and hard, but worth all the heartache that got you there! I am just so excited for you!

Cory and Becca said...

He is adorable! I am sure you guys are in total bliss ! :)

Backwoods Browns said...

He is such a cutie! I love His scrunched face! It is so fun huh? What joy to have your Mom be with you for a while!!