Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Home sweet home


Sleepy boy! And oh so cute!
look at those arches in the brow! I love it! Here Erik is laying with grandma moon on the couch intently focused on her and their conversation.
Day 3 of life...in the hospital the morning after I stayed with him. I couldn't help but take a snap of his skinny cute little body. I know that soon rolls will take over those little legs and I can't wait for that either.

There is nothing like being here at our familie's homes and just enjoying eachothers company. It has been so refreshing to see them again and have fun! Erik has stirred quite the commotion and everyone has been vying for his attention. Last night we had a shower for him and I had to set some boundaries and kept him to myself for the evening. It was hard because I wanted to share the joy of holding him with friends and family but I wasn't comfortable with Erik being so young and it being flu season. So he stayed nestled in my arms or the sling for the celebration. The noise kept him asleep and he was the total star of the show! I was able to share our adoption story and give praises to S and B as I shared about Erik's journey to our family. We are so happy to have a child in our home now and as we are his parents I can't help but always remind people that S and B were a huge part of this and they get the credit they deserve when I talk about the adoption.

I have a pictures to share with you of the little man while he was sleeping the other day. He loves his hands by his face and head. I think he will suck on his fingers or thumb one day in the near future once he figures it out. He is really starting to take on his features. His head is all round and perfectly shaped now and his swelling is gone from birth. I have been trying to relish in his every moment because everyone says it goes so fast. It's hard though because it's so exciting what is to come, but I love kissing all over him and that's all I have to say about that. His days and nights are slowly changing and I could not be more happy from the help of our parents in night time shifts and help with naps in the day. It will be weird at first to do everything on our own. Actually it probably won't be that weird, cause we did for a while in Germany. Maybe that is why it's so nice, I know what it will be like again without the help. 

Our little man is so worth the lack of sleep though, to see him grin in his sleep and make cute faces and snuggle up when he recognizes your scent.....it's pretty Heavenly!

Enjoy the pics!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sommer, I loved seeing you and your little one at the shower and it was smart to keep him to yourself, when you are around a new baby you suddenly become aware of so many germs. I loved you story and I think it's fantastic the way you regard S and B. Thanks for sharing your journaey with us. He's a lucky little man.

Julia said...

Sommer! He is so cute!! I've been checking your blog every day but haven't had a chance to send a comment yet! I am so excited for you guys and loved reading the whole story. You are such an amazing woman! I really like hearing all your insights about becoming a mother! Also he and Kaylee are only like a month apart...so is it too early to start match making?? ;-) Love ya!

bekki said...

He is beautiful. keep posting pictures he will change so much. I'm so glad you were able to spend time with your family. You need to plan a trip to AZ when little Moon is bigger my kids ok Sailor would eat him up.

Allison said...

He is so cute! I'm glad you're surrounded by family and enjoying being a mother. Hold him all you want!

Cory and Becca said...

Sommer, he is simply adorable!

Backwoods Browns said...

How wonderful to have a shower! I must say that in the first little while it is really overwhelming for babies to be passed around at big events for them, so it's great that you kept him nestled up to you or daddy :)! He likes that the best anyways:) I am so glad you are enjoying the blessings of Motherhood and Fatherhood! There is nothing like it!! Take lots of pictures and enjoy every noise, movement and just every precious moment!! It goes by fast!

chelsea mckell said...

ohhhh.... I wish I could've been there at the shower to hear this story in person! I've had so much fun (and a few tears!) reading it on your blog. Seriously, it's so so so amazing. There are people who wait years to adopt... and I know you did have to wait awhile - but it's all over now and he's HERE! I'm looking forward to more blog posts. Reading your writings about motherhood makes me appreciate my own journey even more.

Jill said...

Congrats little mama! I am beyond excited for you. Life will be so much more wonderful now that you get to experience the joys and stresses of motherhood. Enjoy the ride, it's fabulous!!!!!!!!! Beautiful family!!