Sunday, February 1, 2009

Change of events

All right so we know that lots of people are tuning in to hear any new updates about the moon babe. We are so glad that there is this way of communication for our families and friends to stay close with us as we are so far away.

So yesterday (Saturday) lindsay went out for dinner at a restaurant on base. Actually it was Chili's. Yes Ramstein is lucky enough to have a real chili's on base. Unfortunately it's THE place to go on saturday nights....we got there around 7 pm and there was a 2 hour wait!!! Crazy..so we went to a different place on base. The food was ok but not great. Thus far my favorite meals have been from the taco bell on base. But I must admit that Linds and I did try true german bratwursts and "pon fritz" (not quite sure how to spell that) which are french fries at the recommendation of my father who served his mission here in Germany. Yes Dad we were going to attend a ward in the building you attended this morning but events have changed as I will soon explain. Anyhow the bratwurst is on a unique bread round bun. It was different, not bad but I prefer my american food for sure.

Back to the story...last night as we were finishing up eating we got a phone call on our borrowed cell phone from S's mom. We were excited and I had Lindsay answer it. She told us that S had been admitted to the hospital and that they were going to start inducing that night because somehow they realized that there wasn't enough fluid around the baby. We were told that the labor process would be slow and long and that we would get a call when there was more to report. So we finished eating and went back to our room where we anxiously awaited and tried to sleep. Lindsay actually slept through the night and I was a wreck to say the least, I couldn't think about anything else. This morning we were planning on going to church but I didn't want to leave and then have to rush back to the base. So I called S's mom this morning to find out how everything was going. It has been slow as she said. S was put on pitocin last night and early this morning she was taken off, she is now contracting on her own! As long as she continues to contract on her own than she won't need more pitocin and things will progress naturally, otherwise we go back to square one. Let's all pray that this delivery goes well for both S and the baby!!!! So we are hoping the delivery will happen today but it may go into the night again, we will see.

All the prayers are being felt over here. We thought the baby wouldn't come this weekend and things have changed in our behalf, for this we feel blessed!

All right there are people waiting to get on the computers I should go. We will post again as soon as we know anything and can get to another computer!

Love,
Sommer

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, how exciting! Congrats and I can't wait for your next post!

Cristin said...

You scared me when I saw the title of your post - I thought, "Oh no! What happened?!" But, this is good news, I just hope everything goes well and can't wait to hear another update when you have time.