Sunday, December 7, 2008

Super Saturday

I love Saturdays. I don't know what it is, but for some reason I feel more motivated on a Saturday morning to clean my house than on a weekday with Lindsay at work. Call me crazy but I think it's because we usually do chores together, and as my Grandma always used to say, "many hands make light work." Usually Lindsay and I don't do the same chore together but we are both working on something around the house. We crank the music, goof around and act like goombahs and then shower and reward ourselves by doing something fun.
Yesterday was a bit different but still fun! So we got up and Lindsay went to a ward members house to help them move. So I decided instead of doing the normal chores that I would work on cleaning and rearranging stuff for the moon babe's nursery. Friday I had gone to the base to pick up a pack n play and eat lunch with Lindsay and run a few errands. Friday night we set up the sweet pack n play and so by yesterday morning I was rearing to put it in it's new home. One of our friends is going to let us use her crib as soon as she transitions her toddler to a big girl bed, so we firgure a pack n play will work just fine. Ours has a bassinet and changing table all built in with cool music, sounds, lights, and vibration. But what I love most about it is that is totally unisex and in a great way. Sometime unisex stuff can be bland but this one is so cute. Usually it tends to go a bit more masculine (in my opinion due to no one wanting a boy to be frilly) but this is the perfect balance. We could make it have more frills for a girl or keep it as a cute boy. See what you think, I think we scored!


Anyhow so while Lindsay was off providing service, I worked moving stuff around. Here is where I got in there. Not complete, but a good start! Notice the bookshelf? I have collected children's book since I was a kid and can't wait to share my love with moon babe. The third picture is a book that I think is adorable and where one of Lindsay's and mine term of endearment came from.





After finishing up and Linds coming home we took the dogs to the dog park and let them run ragged. On the way home we picked up burgers from a local ma and pop shop. I waited in the car with the dogs and was petting Boomer. I felt something weird in one of his armpits and after looking closer I realized it was a tick. At first I thought it was a skin tag, but no. So then I just wanted to hurry home to check for more, get it out and check Sadie and Us. when I told Linds he said that he had felt earlier in the week but forgot about it. Well I ended up pulling out that one and we found one other one by his manhood (or lack thereof). Poor guy, those things are nasty. Luckily we found no others.

Then we celebrated a one year birthday for Hannah girl at her house! So fun!
A long productive fun filled Saturday, you've got to love them!

7 comments:

Woodrich Family said...

Your pack n play is awesome! Believe it or not, Kyler actually slept in one for the first year of his life. Trey wasn't ready to give up the crib and Kyler didn't seem to mind. I figure there are kids in other parts of the world that sleep on straw mats, so what's it gonna hurt? I can just feel the excitement radiating in your words! I sure love you! Hope you had a great Sunday, too!!

Backwoods Browns said...

I am all about neutral!! I LOVE the pack in play!! And the book is such a cute book!! Isn't it sooo exciting getting ready for a baby? So much to do but so much fun being blessed to be able to do it!! I am so happy for you!

Jarom & Corinne said...

I love the pack n play its perfect!

Chris Grover said...

ok, where the heck have i been?! oh my gosh, i just got done reading about your news and i am beyond ecstatic!! seriously i had chills everywhere just reading it all and imagining the joy and excitement you guys must be feeling! i am soooo incredibly happy for you! it just brings up so many deep and special memories about that time in our lives. cherish every second of it!! i cannot wait to follow every detail of this amazing time in your lives! nothing is quite as fun as the preparation of what is to come, except of course when they actually do come!! seriously, congrats!!! soooo excited!! can't wait to hear more! and i love the neutral colors of the pack n play-- such a good idea!!

chelsea mckell said...

Brianna started out in a crib, didn't sleep well, then I heard on the news about the baby deaths and the recalled cribs...since then she has slept great in her pack n' play everyday! You actually have the exact same one as Anne (Pettingail) Grange does.
Great job, stinky face.

Becca said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! What a fun time...I love the play n pack too!

Jill said...

the pack n play is adorable!!!!! LOVE the colors. you don't know the sex of the baby yet?? are you dying??