Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No words to express!!!!


All right so I have been anxiously awaiting this post... I have been taking time to think about what exactly I wanted to say and how I wanted to say it. You see there is so much going on in my head right now and Lindsay's too!


I'm thinking I should start the week of Halloween (I'm pretty sure that is when it all started). Actually nix that we will go back to July on our trip down to our new home in Cali. On the second morning of our trip I was sitting in the car at the gas station while Lindsay was filling up. I decided to check my email from my phone cause I was bored. I wasn't expecting anything but just thought I would see what was in my inbox. Totally surprised we had a message from Eve, yes the "Eve" of LDS Family services web admin. I was a little shocked and my heart skipped a beat. When Lindsay got back in the car I told him we had been contacted by a Birth Mother and wanted to to know a bit about us and some about his military career. My mind was racing for a while. That afternoon when we reached our destination we sat at the computer together, Lindsay wrote the response. We were excited but we didn't hear back right away and our minds got swept away with the moving, finding a place to live, boarding Boomer, etc. You know all the fun stuff. So although we were stoked about it we moved on after not hearing thinking the timing for us may have been off. We felt ok. We knew after our recent experience with the last almost adoption not to get carried away to early.

Fast forward to the week of Halloween, we get another email from "Eve!" Wow we were so excited and responded back. The emailing with "S" as we will call her has continued right up to this day. Turns out she had emailed us on the way to Cali, timing was not right for her either (Heavenly Father does know best!). We have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know this courageous and faithful woman. Yesterday we found out that we were chosen to raise her child!

It went something like this.....I woke up and checked the email (usually Linds checks it first but I happened to) we got a message from "S" speaking of typical conversations we have had back and forth. Then late in the afternoon I got a call from our caseworker, he asks if I had gotten an email from "S" today? I reply "yes this morning but nothing to be alarmed about why?" I am thinking something has gone wrong or maybe just maybe good news is coming. He tells me that I should probably check my email again, I ask is there something good, he says I think so. He then proceeds to ask me if Lindsay is home, when will he get home, he will be out of the office tomorrow but will call on Thursday to talk. I am stoked! I call Lindsay to find out when he is coming home, turns out he left early and is already halfway done with the commute. I tell him about the phone conversation and ask if he wants me to wait for him to get home or read it out loud to him. He opts for the latter. So I open and start reading, I do fine for a while and then can't hold back any longer-the flood gates open, I struggle to get the last bit out. He remains silent for a moment and then calls me a "Sweetie." It was perfect. Lindsay and my pet names for each other usually don't sound nice to other people so sweetie was precious, usually they include fartknocker, stinky face, poopsquat and such nonsense other than the typical babe. Ahhhh, I am reveling............................

We are beyond words, we are stunned, grateful, overjoyed, ecstatic, it still hasn't sunken in yet!

The below picture is currently what our messy hobby room looks like....


Soon this will transform into a beautiful nursery to hold our Moon babe. We will be traveling to Germany to pick up our child and say thank you in person to our beloved "S" at the end of Januaryish. We are so excited for her to be a part of our lives and know that our love for her will continue to grow! You may be wondering how LDS family services can help with this adoption in Germany. Without going into too much detail "S" is on a military base, and thus on U.S. soil, thus a domestic adoption! How sweet it is!! A miracle is in the works friends and we are so happy to be a part of it! We believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ and know that things come full circle, people are blessed, we believe in the power of prayer, faith, and can't wait to teach our child about these things also!


Exciting eh? (these pics are super cheesy but I couldn't contain my excitement this morning, I didn't do anything with my hair after a shower, thus the wildness, but hey I get to be a MOM soon, who cares!)

19 comments:

Woodrich Family said...

Words can't express my excitement when your mom called my dad last night. I am so grateful for the miracle of adoption that blesses so many lives! We love you and can't wait to meet your little one! Oh yeah, and you should see my hair today. Gotta love it!

Patsfield Family Photos said...

Sommer that is so exciting I'm so happy for you guys, your gonna be a great mom!!!! By the way your cards are way cute, you should sell them at the craft fair!!!

the splendid life of us... said...

WAHOO! YIPPEE! COngrats!

Cristin said...

Sommer - This is Cristin. I'm on vacation still and I thought I would search for your blog online and it really wasn't hard to find... anyway, WOW! HOW EXCITING!!! I am smiling so much right now thinking about both of you becoming parents. What a miracle! This is fantastic news.

Allison said...

Congratulations!!

Unknown said...

YEAH! We are so happy for you. I've been praying as I know many others have that you would get a baby soon. Congrats! We wish you all the very best you will be great parents! Hurray for you!

Unknown said...

Oh, that's also coming so quick. Have fun with the chaos of getting ready!

Moon Family said...

All I can say is congratulations! Our wish comes true!

DeAnne said...

oh sommer, that is so amazing! i got chills reading about it. what a perfect christmas present. this baby will be so lucky to have you and lindsay as parents. congratulations and best of luck with all the transitioning.

Wendy said...

I did get your message the other day. Sorry I didn't call you back but I am so happy for you!!! I'm so excited for the little Moon baby. It is such a miracle. In some ways I'm totally jelouse, you get to have a little new born without having all the recovery pain or the drop in hormones that makes you crazy emotional on top of the usual worry that comes with being a new mom. I know you would probably take all of that in a heartbeat but right now thinking of skipping all that really makes me want to adopt. :) Congratulations!!

Jarom & Corinne said...

Congrats you two!!! My flood gates open up just hearing about your news! I know you will be amazing parents! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Like Annika said, your Mom called last night to tell us the great news!! We're so very glad for you, you will be a wonderful Mom and Lindsey will be a great Dad. Congratulations!!!

Amanda said...

Wow, how exciting! I wish you well on your new adventure. You'll have to take pics of the room when its done!

Congratulations to you. =)

Cory and Becca said...

How exciting!! I found your blog via mrs r. What a wonderful blessing, I am so excited for you. I was really interested to know that your BM is on a military base out of the country. My husband is in the military and we may soon leave the country which is exciting, but concerning in how we will be able to continue to work with LDS family services for adoption. Anyways, much much love to you and your family what an exciting c-mas miracle for you guys!
Blessings
Becca

Nici said...

Congrats to both of you!! You will be such fantastic parents. I am so totally excited for you guys!! This will be a Christmas to remember forever!! Love and hugs to you both....Nici

Backwoods Browns said...

Oh my!!! Sommer, I am so very excited for you!! You two are going to be sooooo blessed with the most wonderful gift!! I just want to say so much but I am just so happy for you!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

Nygards said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! What a cool adoption story. Good luck with your preparations. I love adoption!

Kathryn said...

Hi! This is Kathryn Heywood from the ward. Congratulations! That is wonderful!

Jill said...

oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh...I didn't realize I was so behind on your blog!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I am freaking out. CONGRATS. I'm so happy. I wish I could see you now and give you a huge hug and you could hear my screaming my guts out!! How fabulous. Oh I pray that it will all go smoothly. Good luck!!!!!! You are going to be a mommy. I can't wait to hear the rest of the details and watch it unfold. Congrats girl!!!!! It will be amazing!!