Friday, December 5, 2008

Pioneers we will be!

Holy Schamolly ladies and gentleman! We are so humbled and grateful for all of the emails and phone calls, excitement and donations already received for our new moon babe! In the wake of excitement we have been looking more into the website that Lindsay's Father so lovingly set up for us. Getting the funds to our own account is a bit more complicated than first thought so we are directing donations elsewhere. If you would like to donate we have a paypal account. All you need is our email address which is sommermoon@hotmail.com or if you wish to send a check to us please email us and I can give your our mailing address. If you live in Spokane, you can give donations to our parents and they will make sure that they get to us. Please don't hesitate to ask us any questions.

Again Lindsay and I feel so loved by the outpouring of support from everyone. We have had a number of people tell us that they had tears just like we did (or rather I!).

In other news I talked to our social worker this afternoon and it looks like we will be pioneers in this whole process of the military and church joining forces to make this special event happen! Lindsay and I feel blessed that since we have been in the military for so many years that we understand some things and will have more access than say a civilian couple. LDS Family Services Headquarters is working with JAG (the military legal system) to work out the kinks. Right now we are working on how to get our baby a passport as quickly as possible after birth.

Such is the life! Although I am a bit stressed I will admit, I am still in awe and enjoying this hustle and bustle to bring our baby home! And I know that "S" is working extra hard on her end too! And I don't think I told you but we have also been blessed with a Birth Father who is very supportive, cooperative, and seems very nice. We don't know as much about him, but we know that he too is very courageous, and has the best interest of our child at heart. For our Birth Parents we are sooooo thankful!

More to be posted soon! I have something fun I want to show you all a bit later!

See you then!

3 comments:

Backwoods Browns said...

YAY!! You will have lots of support and lots of people willing to share advice and experiences!! You are going to be great Parents!! I wish you were closer! I have so many clothes I need to go through and get rid of and toys and all kinds of things!! :( Maybe you can get a U-HAUL and pack it up and take it down there! :) Haha!

chelsea mckell said...

oh sommer... is it crazy that I had tears in my eyes reading that post when I don't even know you that well?! That's what I get for being a blog-stalker... I've been keeping up with your story, and now that it looks like a happy ending is in sight... I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

bekki said...

I am so excited for you guys words can not express what I feel. YIPPEEEEEEE! This is an amazing point in your life.

I was able to go thru this with one of my dear friends but she happened to be the birth Mom I can't tell you what an amazing and selfless act this is.

Congrats again let me know if you need anything. I have clothes from Sailor and Race.