Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fantiggidytastic!



That title is for you Haley Jo!!!
So today marks a couple of milestones in Linds' and my life. Right about now exactly 5 years ago today....Lindsay and I were sitting together on a bench in a sealing room in the Spokane washington temple with President Wagstaff talking to us about our marriage that was about to take place.

As I reflect back I remember lots of things about that morning.....waking up early nervous and excited.........going to the salon to get my hair done by Eleasha..............rushing to the temple to get in my dress and meet Lindsay.................sitting together in the celestial room while we waiting for our guests to go into the sealing.......walking into the sealing room hand in hand and amazed that so many people had shown up (we had standing room only!)...............looking into Lindsay's eyes as we were sealed for time and all eternity knowing that he is my best friend, my companion, my lover, and who I wanted to spend forever with!


It was so grand! I remember coming out of the temple that morning and being surprised that it was snowing like crazy! My nerves were gone by that time but I still didn't feel well. Lindsay and I had gone to lunch at applebee's with his family and his best friend Erik following the temple and then Lindsay and I went back to our first apartment to finish packing for Mexico. I remember feeling so sick in the car on the way that I almost wanted to make him pull over....I didn't say a word and Lindsay still claims to this day that I was sick because I got cold feet. I assure you that was not the case, I was truly sick (I had even called in sick a few days prior to the wedding from work). Once at the apartment I ended up puking and I was so embarrassed....who wants to be sick on their wedding day and have their new groom watch that? Not me.



So we finished packing and left for the reception. By that time it was like a blizzard out but we didn't care we were excited to celebrate and head to mexico. The reception was splendid, we have my mom who was a huge part of the planning to thank for that!

And then it was off for our first week as a married couple.


So today we not only celebrate 5 years together which have been fun, tough, a learning experience, blissful, emotional, and adventurous but we also got to talk to our sweet birth parents on the phone for the first time. It was amazing to hear their voices, to hear their strength, to talk about some of the details with traveling and openness.......today is just a great day!

S and B (birth father) have decided for right now that we will send them pictures and letters to let them know about how the moon babe is doing after placement. We are so glad that modern technology makes this communication so much easier than in previous generations to help them heal and move forward. Honestly I feel so blessed to have these two individuals in my life, I could not have picked better people! Poor Lindsay got sick while he was out of town this week and so was all congested but it was nice to talk. And S's caseworker seems fantastic and very on top of it! She has been working on getting things laid out for all of us for when placement occurs. It would be nice to have her there for S and for us but we will all be all right!


So everything is falling into place, Heavenly Father is paving the way for us. I truly believe that. I was a bit worried last night that Lindsay was going to miss the call because he was flying home last night and his flight was delayed, and earlier in the week when he left the same thing happened and he almost missed his training, we prayed that he would make it so that he wouldn't have to reschedule this training. I know that by our faith and asking for help that we are all being blessed!

Also I talked to a woman who owns a rescue this morning about Sadie and she will take her! We are going to continue to foster her for a little bit but the rescue is going to pay for her to be spayed and the rest of her shots and then will take her out to get her a forever home, such a relief!

Hope all of your saturday's are going well! I think you should all help us celebrate and buy yourself a nice hot cocoa with caramel or mint mixed in or something. Today should be good!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the pictures, and I remember how perfect your reception was. I am so happy for you two and I can't believe it's been 5 years. We are thrilled that you are getting a sweet little baby and love all of the updates. I think I will get me some cocoa...

Jon and Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary. Sorry I never comment on your blog, I have been crazy lately. I am so excited to hear you have been picked for a baby, you guys deserve it.. you'll make the best parents! Congrats!! Hope things are going well, I love to watch all your family fun. Keep it up! We miss you guys and our dinner dates!
Michelle Spear

Backwoods Browns said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary! Does it not seem like forever already?(In a good way)It's great having someone for eternity and I am so happy that things are going so well for the adoption! It's so nice to be able to be so connected to the birth parents!
By the way , Your reception was absolutely beautiful and so were you!!

Moon Family said...

You couldn't have titled your blog any better! HApPy AnNiVErSarY!! What an exciting weekend. I will call you to hear more about it. I am glad Lindsay made it home safe and in time. We love you guys!

Rachel and Jason said...

Sommer! First of all, congratulations! As soon as I read your post I hurried and called my mom. We're all so excited for you. Looks like things are falling perfectly into place. I LOVE it when that happens :) Keep us posted on your sweet Moon babe...and Happy Holidays!

Jill said...

congrats
congrats
congrats!!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I have been a blog stocker of yours for a while, I came across your blog and have loved it and saved it in my book marks. We were also in the waiting/finding phase of our adoption when I found your blog and now I am feeding my 8 week old daughter and it is such a delight. Just know all the anxiety and unknowns are worth it when that baby is sleeping in your home. Your family and the birth parents will be in my prayers!! Good Luck and have fun with your roller coaster ride!!

Jon and Maryanne said...

We have a couple similarities about our wedding days!!!
I also puked on our wedding day, only it was when we got to our hotel suite for the wedding night! It didn't snow since we were married in April, but there were 40 mile per hour gusts at the Columbia River Temple in Richland. We had our receception that same night in Spokane and there ended up being a big thunder and lightning + wind storm with a pretty good down poor! When we had gotten to our room we opened the balcony door to look at our view, we later discovered that we didn't shut the door all the way because while I was puking a big gust of wind threw the door open and scared the crap out of Jon! Happy Anniversary! I love your wedding dress! It is actually pretty similar to mine too! Too funny!