Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Take you to China town

 In all its beauty. This is when I wish I had a wide lense for our camera to get a better picture. I am no photographer nor have the patience to learn all the fancy things, but I do like to take pics and would love to get another lens or two for our camera.
 So this is a cool sign and one day I will try this Yum Cha. I have heard many good things about it. And although I dont understand it completely let me tell you what I gather. I may be wrong but I have heard it is best to go with some type of group because to get the benefit of the experience you order a dish and share it with the group somehow. I dont know it the portions are huge or how it works exactly but it is best that way. So you all order something different and then it gets split and its a fun adventure!
On this particular night we happened to stop in at our favorite restaurant there only to learn that they were shutting down and when it would reopen there would be new owners. We havent been back yet, and I know that the owners made the decision that was best for their family but I hope it keeps it's charm and yummy taste with the new owners. These guys would remember their customers and loved Erik (we didnt eat there often-I would say we had been there 3 or 4 times in the time we have lived here), they were very personable and had good service (which is rare in Oz, you dont tip but you lose all of your good service because of it).
 The one thing I didnt like at this place was this way of getting utensils. These baskets sat on the tables all the time and you just grabbed cutlery or chopstick as desired. Not the most hygenic. And who knows how many times they had been touched. But that is not the first nor last time I will see such practices. At the acupuncturist (a post for another day) they have pillows you can lay on while you relax during your treatment. They have pillowcases but they are not changed between each patient. Yes gross, but honestly I love my Doctor there and so I am staying there for the time being. Don't judge, I am a clean woman but not as much as a germaphobe as some. Since becoming a parent some things just slide easier than others nowadays
 mmm drunken noodles. Don't worry, no alcohol was consumed in the consuming of this meal.
And his baked tofu ( I like tofu but this was not my favorite way to eat it). This pic is mostly to show you how silly Erik is. When you ask him to smile for a picture he always tilts his head like this. When you tell him he doesnt need to, he switches to the other side. I have numberless amounts of photos with his head tilt!

No comments: