Saturday, November 15, 2008

National Adoption Day!

Well well kids I am so excited. Lindsay and I have been working hard on trying to get our profile moved from Washington down here to California so that we can be prepared down here come what may. So with that comes some extra expenses and such. So we decided a few weeks back that we would host a garage sale and ask our friends down here to help us out by donating items to sell with all proceeds going to our adoption fund. It was totally fun! My friend and I made some home made things ( I made a couple of scarves and lots of cards, she made english toffee-yummy!) and we had the big event today.


side note: the above pic is my friend Amy, her beautiful Hannah-which I always munch on- and me. The side note is my eyes always look crazy in pictures. not sure why but for some reason I always look demonic or something. I do know that my pupils are abnormally large and maybe that messes up with the camera, it's worse in dark pictures with the flash. Crazy huh?
The weather worked out wonderful for us. I was nervous because back in Washington it would be way to cold and out of season to have a sale, but here it was nice. It was a bit windy but take a look at how busy we were first thing!

We were able to raise money, have fun, eat some yummy stuff and talk about adoption! So great! We totally appreciate all the help with donations and support of people coming by to either say hi or purchase or give us moral support. It was a TOTAL SUCCESS!

And my cards sold which was exciting because I always thought it would be fun to do a craft fair or something just to try it out and say that I did. A life goal I guess you could say. So great!

all of your weekends have been fun! P.s. for all of those who read this and have been posting about anything for National Adoption Awareness month, I have thoroughly enjoyed it! Thanks!

8 comments:

Jarom & Corinne said...

thats so awsome, what a great idea! I love it! And p.s. you dont look crazy in the picture i think you look totally cute!!!love ya!!!

chelsea mckell said...

those cards are super cute! You should totally sell them at a craft fair.

Woodrich Family said...

My cousin was able to adopt her 3 kids on adoption day this year! They (her and her husband) are way older than you and I and their time finally came. I am so grateful for adoption and the roll it plays in bringing families together! Love you!

Chris Grover said...

YAY! What a brilliant idea and a great way to keep that adoption spark alive! I'm so glad it was a beautiful day for you guys and that the sale was a success! I can't wait to see how things progress for you!

bekki said...

That was an awesome idea. I love your cards by the way. I hope everything works out for you guys.

Jill said...

That's fabulous news! Glad to hear it went well. Yippee. I'm still praying for you guys :)

Backwoods Browns said...

What a GREAT idea!! I hope you get the papers moved down quickly!! How wonderful that you will get to be blessed with such a wonderful child one day(hopefully soon)!! I am glad the sale was a success!!!

Patsfield Family Photos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.