Sunday, November 9, 2008

LA Weekend





Thanks to work, Sommer and I spent the night in an Anaheim hotel. I went down earlier in the week for an Air Force conference and Sommer drove down the last night so we could spend it together and look around LA while we were there. We randomly drove around until ending up at Newport Beach where we walked around "people watched." As you can see from this first picture, we finally found Waldo. He is hanging out with his buddy at the beach.

We walked out to the pier to take a picture but the wind was so strong, we didn't hang out for long. Luckily Sommer had bought me a new coat the day prior or I would have had nothing warm to wear. Even with the wind, it was more nice at Newport Beach than on our return to Tehachapi. The clouds were very low and dark as we drove up the mountain and it appeared to have snowed in the higher mountains, while we were gone.

Boomer and Sadie were glad to have us back. Sadie was so happy, she left us a present on the carpet right after we walked in. Even with the cold weather, it is always nice to come home. We hope everyone had a great week. I will leave you with a picture of my beautiful wife peering out over the beach. That photographer must have some stellar skills, if I do say so myself.....








4 comments:

Backwoods Browns said...

What a fun time!! I love and miss the sun right now and your beautiful picture of the beach is nice even though it was cold there! I also got a huge kick out of the Waldo picture!! That's hilarious!! People watching is so fun! You see the most interesting things!!

chelsea mckell said...

All this time, people have been looking for him in books... and he's been in LA! sheesh.

Nygards said...

Hello! Thank you for your comment. Good luck with getting reapproved. We have loved adoption and hope you add to your family soon. I noticed your brother is Nathan Spinelli. We lived in Pullman for 3 years and he was in the singles ward. Small world. Anyways, good luck!

Jill said...

What a blast...beautiful pictures. I wish I was there too!!

Did you tag me below, or is it a different Jill!!?? I think I did that one not too long ago!!