Wednesday, July 18, 2012

footy fanatics

Winter here this year has been rather what you would expect to see in the stub-tropics. Cool and rain off and on. The crazy thing to me is that its supposed to be the dry season but this year there has been plenty of rain! Good thing for here since there was a drought for so many years but I have felt like I was living in seattle and that is not what I wanted when I knew we would be living in Australia! Oh well. So in between the overcast rainy days are the beautiful perfect winter days. One day we found ourselves wander to the local rugby field to play some footy.

Erik actually used his money he had saved from chores to buy a footy ball holder thing. You know the thing that holds the ball so you can run up to it and kick it. I know the name of it but cant think of it. Anyhow the field was basically mud but we had fun anyway. We had taken a picnic lunch and I sat in the sun on the bottom of the bleachers trying to stay warm. It was colder that day than I expected. Although you cant tell because these two are males and naturally are warm and dont get cold easy. Maybe I am a wuss whose body has adapted to well to the tropical weather : )

 Working on lining up and getting feet in the right position to kick
 Practice swinging legs for kicks
 And there he goes....total airball but nice kick!
 Sweet shot, kicked it!
 Hi mom, cant stand here very long, sun is in my eyes.
Another good swing of the legs but didnt quite get the ball right.
 Food break, yummy deviled eggs and smiles
Practising the pass off. In real rugby lindsay wouldnt be laying on the ground but would be bent over and pas the ball under hislegs with his feet. Erik isnt quite coordinated yet to do this so this is how they pass off....lay on the ground and pass through the legs

Daddy tackle....and grab the ball upside down
And not a rugby pose but for all you gridiron (American football) fans here is your traditional football pose! Its not clear because I can hardly catch him while he zooms around but I kind of like that!

No comments: