Tuesday, November 23, 2010

To the outback mate!

It's official. Today was a magical day in that we learned we just received orders to move to



AUSTRALIA


yep you heard me right. we are moving to the outback just as our winter is ending and theirs is beginning. i am so stoked i can hardly believe it! i am sure little man will pick up the accent and who knows we may come back with a little bit too. i am sure that we will at least be picking up some of their lingo.

so if any of you want to go on a foreign vacation and want to see friends and have a free place to stay........we would love to host you!

Honestly i feel so blessed that we get this opportunity. We heard about it originally way back in early spring of this year and have just been keeping quiet as we wait to hear official words afraid we would jinx ourselves.

It's funny how we felt cali (as much as i hate it here) was the place for us to be to have our family expand. and although australia wont be able to offer us adoption or fertility services which means erik may not have a sibling or at least for a few more years, i feel like this is the path for us.

10 comments:

Cassie said...

very cool mate! j/k i can't wait to see your journey there.

Cristin said...

At first I was like, "Why are you writing a post about going to Outback Steakhouse"?? Oh, I'm so excited for you guys. I'm sad to see you go, but this will be such a great adventure for you!

Jarom & Corinne said...

Thats awesome, I am excited for you! And you never know with the sibling thing... anything is possible! love ya and let me know when you will be in spokane I REALLY DO want to come visit you!!!

Cory and Becca said...

wow! what a fun adventure!! we just got here to cali on orders/

Unknown said...

I can't believe it! How much fun that will be, and such an adventure.

Compton Family said...

Congrats, that is awesome! I've always wanted to visit Australia so now maybe I really will have to go. When do you guys leave?

Patsfield Family Photos said...

WOW! That is so cool! I'm truly jealous!

bekki said...

I'm so happy for you. I will for sure come visit you since it is a place I am dying to go visit. YEAHHH!!!

Celine said...

That's so cool! I'm excited to read about your new adventures :)

Woodrich Family said...

How totally cool is that!!