Sunday, November 21, 2010

New Dining room set

so i took on a project that i think was much bigger than i bargained for and i don't think i will be another such project anytime soon. but i finished and am pleased with the results. the picture below is showing the old fabric and the new fabric with a little touch from the little mans help. he wanted to help so bad when i was screwing the seats onto the chairs and would pretend in the middle hole.

I didn't get any really good before pics because i didn't think about it until i had the table apart and had started sanding. but this is what the finish looked like before. and you see the light circular spot in the middle, yeah that was from a gun cleaning escapade a couple of years ago.
And the finished product! i love it! i am definitely no pro and will not be showing you close up pictures of the chairs. The table turned out exactly how i wanted but i had a hard time with painting and finishing the chairs those boogers. but unless you inspect they will suit us just fine. this dining set was the one that i grew up with at my parents house. it is pine and pretty soft so the black glaze shows the flaws in the wood from different dents and things, but i thought it added great character!
I am so glad to be done with this project and am glad i had some friends to help me out.


6 comments:

Cassie said...

WOW SOMMER!! The set looks awesome, I am very impressed!

DeAnne said...

you did a fantastic job! it looks gorgeous!

Patsfield Family Photos said...

I love it! Good Job!!!

Backwoods Browns said...

You did a great job!! I love it! Way to go girl!

Unknown said...

It looks amazing. I love it.

Jarom & Corinne said...

LOVE IT! MAN I WISH WE LIVED CLOSER!!! And my mom told me to tell you she loves it too!