Friday, April 3, 2009

Shots, parties, and smiles

Look at that smiley face. Isn't he so adorable? This was last night, yesterday Erik turned 2 months old...I know I can hardly believe it myself. He had to get some shots- yuck! Luckily one immunization was oral so it was given like baby tylenol is given, he took that great. Then he was supposed to get 3 pokes but the computer system wouldn't allow one saying that he was 59 days instead of 60 so we have to go back next week for that. So he got a shot in each leg.
He was a champ. I tried to not let him feel my nervousness for him, I had no idea how he would react. Although I do think this little man will have a high pain tolerance. He has been bumped by Boomer a couple of times and taken them in stride. Yesterday he also heard his first sonic boom while we were on base. Erik was sleeping and I almost peed my pants because it startled me so much so I thought he would wake up startled and scared. This little one could have cared less, he just wanted to sleep. He did cry when he got the shots, actually his faced turned beet red and he screamed, but instead of being the overbearing worried mother, I decided to be a cheerleader (it runs in my blood, sorry) and gave him lots of praise for how well he did, he honestly cried for about 15 seconds and was done. What a champ! Eh got two red camo band aids which we thought were cool.
The rest of the day he was pretty lethargic and just wanted to be held, who could blame him? So we gave in to his every whim, the poor guy's face would contort every time his legs moved to quickly or got bumped. We put him on his activity mat that he loves and he would go from smiling and cooing, kick and then get a sour face, fuss, and do it all over again. It was pretty funny. Then when all got comfy on the couch (BOomer included as seen above ) and watched Wall E. Thye couch was a pretty crowded fit the four of us but I am pretty sure we all thoroughly enjoyed the closeness.


This week our ward threw Erik and myself a baby shower and we totally got spoiled!


This is a sweet car mirror so I can see him from my rear view mirror, bu that is not all. It has lights, music, and drum roll please............a remote control! I can't believe it! That was just one of the amazing gifts that we received.


This me and a couple of sweet gals that were there. I actually served in the primary presidency with both of these ladies up until recently when Amber in the middle got moved into the Relief Society presidency. I still serve with Jenny on the left though and that is her sweet little boy Ryan. He is about 5 or 6 weeks older than Erik and we can't wait until they can play together.
Little mister is getting bigger for sure! Yesterday he weighed in at a whopping 11 lbs. 8 ounces! Which is completely average, but I can't believe he is growing so fast. And he is 23 3/4 inches which is in the 75th percentile, so he is a string bean. But so scrumdittelyumptious!
Mmm good!




2 comments:

Liz said...

We have the mirror that goes in the backseat. I love how you can check on your baby without turning around. It's so cool that yours has a remote!!

Backwoods Browns said...

love those mirrors!! How cool is it that people got really smart and started developing remote controls for car baby toys!!