Tuesday, April 21, 2009

ooh la la

my list of things I am lovin' right now continues.....
little man with his cool beach hat and lookin' like he was caught red handed! So adorable
A monkey that we saw and Lindsay was able to shake his hand this last weekend in Santa Monica. We went down so that Lindsay could help do baptisms with the youth in the LA temple. Erik and I spent the afternoon on the grounds soaking up the nice weather and calm peace of being on the temple grounds.

This is a photo collage we have on our refridgerator. I love it. The rest of our fridge is blank and it is fun to see the cool pics often. The rollerblader in the upper left portion is the adult Erik when he was a teenager.



This is one of the most awesome baby quilts ever! And thanks to my SIL it is Erik's. We based his nursery around this quilt. She surprised me one day, calling to ask what colors I would want a blanket to be that she was going to make. These were the colors I chose...but it is even more stunning than I imagined. Thanks Wendy! The back is corduroy, which I thought was super creative!


This is the baby blanket that I was attached to as a youngster. My mom sent it to me in a package recently and I immediately smelled it. Doesn't smell the same after being in storage, but I still love it. It's threadbare on the back, but you can still stick your fingers in the triangles around the edge.....which I always did. I did it again, just for fun sake. Oooh I love this blanky!




I love getting packages in the mail. This was one from my mom for Easter before we realized we were going home. Lots of fun stuff, just pulling things out of a box and seeing what awaits is worth a simple package!

Erik has been able to sit longer to listen to me read to him, which has been great. He just stares, sometimes at the books, sometimes at the wall but he sits quietly and sometimes talks to the book. In love I tell you...........

My two favorite men. Lindsay doesn't think that Erik likes to lay against his chest, but let me tell you...not 10 minutes after this pic was taken he was fast asleep against his daddy's chest. Erik doesn't like it......whatever!
It has been fun lately as Erik is enjoying being held upright against our chests to be held. There is something about our bodies and hearts being so close that makes me feel so connected to him. He is a great snuggler (which hopefully he doesn't grow out of too soon) and I try to soak up every second.

Now I know he is not happy in this picture but I have to tell you that this face makes me chuckle every time I see it. Seriously......I don't like it when he cries and is upset but Erik is now getting to the point where sometimes he is not sure if he wants to cry or if he should, so he makes a face similar to the one above and waits. Usually I chuckle because I think it's cute and try to make him smile rather than cry. It works most of the time, sometimes he still cries but we can't always win. It is just so darn cute!
Summer is around the corner, and it should be a great one!

5 comments:

Backwoods Browns said...

I can't believe how much bigger he is getting! He's is just so cute! I too love the grumpy poutty faces! It makes me laugh! Ahh the sun...summer....I can't wait!! Glad you have been enjoying life so much!

Jill said...

Fun times going on at your place!! Isn't it crazy how fast babies grow. Erik is just adorable!!

Unknown said...

I love the hat picture and I think the crib quilt is beautiful.

D.Jones said...

Erik is so cute! What a cute beach hat he has. How fun to live in California--do you guys love it?

bekki said...

Hey when or are you still coming to visit? I may have a some stuff the moon babe aka Erik. Plus I'm baby hungry so I need a fix.