Saturday, April 11, 2009

Things I'm diggin'

No pictures tonight but some to come! Lately I have been thinking about all the things that I have been enjoying. Here is a short list of all the great things in our life right now!

-Blossoms are bloomin' on the trees in town-reminds me of "popcorn popping on the apricot tree."

-Erik's nursery! It is the only room in our house that I keep constantly clean. I love his room...it's cute and well organized and usually I only have enough time for one room, and his is most important to me.

-It's staying light later and it feels great, if only I could make my energy stay longer with the light...that would be awesome! I feel like such an old woman wanting to crash at 8 at night, but wouldn't change it for the world.

-I love the fact that I get to stay home to take care of Erik during the day. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky to be able to stay home with our son and play with him, take him to play group and the library and just be there with him all the time. It's nice to have breaks too but mostly I love that I have that blessing of being home with him.

-I love that we got to go home this weekend to Washington to be a part of my younger brother's wife's baptism. I get to speak on baptism for her and I couldn't be more excited that she is joining the church and also that she is the newest member of our family!

-Lately we have been hearing lawn mowers out in Cali and you know what that means, warm weather is just around the corner! This last week I was in Bakersfield with a friend and it was in the 80's.....can you believe it? I know sweet huh?

-Today I got my wedding ring cleaned, and it's crazy how sparkly it is and it makes me smile to think about Lindsay's proposal and our wedding day! Plus it reminds me of the temple and I can't wait to take Erik to the temple with us so that he can be part of our eternal family. That is the greatest gift I think that S and B gave to the moon babe is the opportunity to be sealed in the temple and be under those sacred covenants. We continue to be impressed with their sacrifice and look to them to see a true Christ like love.

Happy Easter,

Som

5 comments:

Backwoods Browns said...

I love to hear all your happiness! It's always great to hear and helps make me think of all that makes me happy! I just am so happy for you being able to become a Mommy!! I am even more excited for you because you're first Mother's Day is coming up!!! YAY!!!

bekki said...

I love your blog it makes me feel at peace when I read it. So could you keep updating often my life has been pretty crazy with my wild bunch and my new church calling. I'm so glad that you are enjoying life and loving on Erik I'm sure you are one fanstastic Mom. He is such a beautiful little man.

I'm trying to get more clothes and shoes together for you I know he won't be able to wear anything for a few years but hey Race is growing like a weed over hear.

Wendy said...

I am just like you when it comes to the nursery. I love keeping it all clean and cute. :)

D.Jones said...

Sommer, you are so inspiring--thanks for posting your insights on your blog...it is fun to read!

Erin said...

Hey Sommer- I love your posts about Motherhood. It has made me appreciate it more!