Wednesday, May 6, 2009

matching socks? no thank you

If any of you have had the privilege of living near me and having me get comfortable enough to show some of my quirks....then you know that I detest matching socks! Much to my BFF Haley's dismay (she always points it out. She tried to lecture me at first, but now once she sees my mismatched socks she just laughs-it's great). For some reason matching socks is too tedious and annoying to me. I do understand that there is a time and a place to have correctly matched socks, but I say about 98% of the time as long as they are the same length I could care less. They don't even have to be two colored socks, I have no shame in wearing one green and one white...that's just how I roll. Due to my quirk, my husband has now begun the sock trend as well, because he doesn't want to match socks after laundry has been put away, so he now follows my fashion trend.

And now you see Erik may inherit the quirk as well. Usually I really do match his socks. His are easier since we do his laundry seperate and there are less pairs to match, but on this particular day I thought I would initiate him into the moon fam tradition. He didn't have any socks on and his tootsies were getting cold while playing on his mat so I just grabbed the first two I saw, then I laughed at the silliness and thought I would share. Do you have any family quirks?
Intently watching the smiling star as it plays music...........oh how he loves this toy. And I can usually get about 10 minutes of work of the distraction!

And who couldn't love this adorable face? Can you believe he's three months now-I sure can't. He is getting big and is so handsome! This weekend we found ourselves back in Santa Monica because Lindsay's sister had flown into LA to visit a friend and so we met them down there to spend the day. Most of the day was overcast and windy, but not freezing. We tried to keep the moon babe's head covered or the cover on the car seat closed part way, but we forgot the cool safari hat and he got a small sunburn on his cute cheeks. It was the first time that I felt guilty taking him out in public the next day. I make mistakes as a mother but this was one that other people could see. I felt so bad for him. It didn't really seem to affect him luckily, but I just wish we could get some sunscreen on him. I think I will look more into that as the weather is turning nice and I definitely want to be going to the park and things this summer.


8 comments:

Becca said...

cute! :)

D.Jones said...

that is a way funny sock quirk! How fun to pass it on to your little man!

Cristin said...

I knew I liked you. I also never match my socks on purpose and it drives Erik nuts!

I've gotten my kids sunburned. I always feel guilty, especially when people say they are going to call Child Protective Services or some other joke.

Moon Family said...

Why am I not surprised? Only you would do that to Mr. Magoo. This picture made me laugh so hard! Next time I see you guys his socks better match or you little miss are going to get a spanking. I wish I could give you both hugs and kisses!!!

Jill said...

Too cute!! And that is hilarious about your socks. Dang funny!

Woodrich Family said...

I am not a fan of matching socks either, but I can't quite let it go yet. I think that little man is adorable even with mismatched socks!!

Backwoods Browns said...

That is funny about the socks!! And don't worry about those cheeks :)

Jon and Maryanne said...

Thats funny! I am completely the opposite! My socks even have to match what I am wearing, of course white matches with most everything! LOL