Thursday, December 1, 2011

slow and steady wins the race

I am obviously way behind on updates with our family. We have had a lot of sickness and trips and just overall life happening lately. Instead of trying to take the time to do one post with all the updates (which I will never get the time to sit and do in one setting) and overwhelm myself. I am going to start just posting a few pics with brief updates until I catch up until present days.

So Halloween was a blast. We had a few different parties to attend. We weren't sure what to dress Erik up as, he loves his dog costume and pretends to be Simba from the Lion King, but I was leary that it would be far too hot for our weather. Plus the biggest party we went to was going to have a bouncy castle and trampoline among other things, so I knew he was going to get hot and sweaty on top of the warm weather.

Luckily a few days prior to Halloween we went to an amusement park we have passes for and found a great batman mask and cape. Erik is starting to get into super heroes and I thought perfect, he can keep the stuff for pretend long after the holiday ends. We added rain boots (which he demanded to wear every day for at least a week following Halloween deeming them his batman boots) and I quickly made a batman shirt out of hot glue and felt on a white Hanes tee. Voila, our little crime fighting hero.

 The night was beautiful and since Halloween isn't typically celebrated here the family who set up the party had a route of 7 houses of willing participants to hand out candy. Perfect number for Erik!
 at the shindig. Lots and lots of people, lots of un, and yummy food.
Need I say more. Erik actually wore his cape and mask one day (over his eyes even) on our walk to the shops and I am pretty sure he made at least a dozen people's day. Nearly every car that drove by smiled, well ok the drivers. And he got lots of comments, and he just added his funny personality to the mix by singing the batman theme song and walking with his arms a little bit back to make his cape fly better. What cutie. This one has a lot of personality I tell ya

No comments: