Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween full speed ahead!

This weekend Lindsay and I are hosting a halloween party for some of erik's little friends. I am super excited about it. First because Lindsay is actually in town this year to celebrate with us (the second ever since we have been married) and second because hosting this party has helped make me feel like I am fulfilling lifelong motherhood dreams. These types of activities are things I have dreamed about planning and putting on since I can remember.


This is an activity where the kids will bob for bat rings. They will get bendy straws and hook them on the rings and then enjoy the prize!
This is just what is up in our entry way

Some Halloween books out on Erik's table that I will read aloud as children are gathering to help keep their excitement focused into one area and really could I do something without a book involved? I don't think so!


skulls in candle holders



favor bags and gloves filled with popcorn and gumdrops.........mmmm so fun!






the table before all the food




a fun festive banner I made out of scrapbook paper. I did get the templates off of a blog and of course I cant find the website to give propercredit. But I did a google image search of Halloween banners and it came up.
I loved getting reaady for halloween this year. WE have some inflatable halloween shapes that we are going to play around with and if I can find out parachute then we will bounce it off that but at the moment I put it away somewhere and can't find it. My luck of course. We will also be doing a pumpkin search and an artwork piece.
But you know what I really can't wait for and am trying my hardest not to pull out, is my CHRISTMAS stuff. I am so excited for this year. The other morning erik woke up at an insane hour and so we had a party in our bed until breakfast and we sang lots of christmas carols to him and had a blast. It got both Lindsay and I in the mood for all the joy and spirit of Christmas. We will be going home for Christmas so I am trying to figure out what to do here and what we can do there and I am soooooo excited. Maybe even be doing some christmas crafts soon so that when the time comes they can go up.






3 comments:

Cristin said...

This looks like fun! Text me if you need me to bring my parachute tomorrow.

Dad said...

Sommer That looks pretty cool. Have fun Dad

Jenny said...

We had a great time!