Friday, May 7, 2010

Highly recommend!

i just got this book and it is amazing. If you are or have been curious about organic eating or eating in a really healthy manner, or just want to know more about sprouting whole grains and using them for baking this book is the one. It recommends using raw milk and grass fed beef, free range chicken, etc. While this may sound like a fad or just an expensive way to eat, well more expensive yes, but highly nutritious......you bet! If we could afford to live completely according to the real food diet, our family would. However with our nation how it is, healthy food is much more expensive so we will be picking and choosing what things to get really healthy and which processed foods we will still need to buy to sustain our family.

After reading this book I shared it with a friend who I knew was into healthy food as well and she recommended I watch the documentary "Food, Inc.". I did and it totally informed me and was a bit upsetting but I loved it. The film made me really want to change our family eats not only for health but to help the farmers who are doing things the right way. If you have netflix, you can watch it instantly.

1 comment:

Backwoods Browns said...

You hit the nail on the head! I LOVE organic eating and sprouting and we almost only eat our organic hunted deer and elk and moose and goose and duck and turkey because of all the yuck in processed farm raised meat. I have never seen this book until now, but then again I quit looking because i hardly have room for it amongst me others. I will have to see if the Library can order it in :) Looks like a great book! Most people get overwhelmed with this much "news " on what they are eating :) I wonder if this book would help make it easier to absorb. Now I do have "regular" foods around, but we try to use an 70% / 30% rule right now until we are rich and can shop exclusively at Pilgrims ;) hehe. Thanks for sharing this book though!