Tuesday, May 4, 2010

far too long.......

First I apologize for the inconsistency in posting. This year I think that we are being pushed to our limits with trials and I am starting to believe the Heavenly Father must really think we are special and great to keep throwing us for such loops.

I have purposely failed to let you all in on some of our endeavors because I didn't want to sound like I was complaining or continue with the down and out stuff, so I have mostly posted about the little man who keeps us in laughs and on our toes.

Earlier this year we were the victims of a money laundering scams and lost a lot of money. Then we got that taken care of (and I am so glad that we have been heeding the advice to save money even if it's a few coins a week) and had put money aside for some specific goals and lo and behold a little over a week ago we got in a car wreck in LA. It was not our fault but our car is totaled and we are looking for a new car before the other insurance stops paying for the rental (we are a one car family).

Yes, we are all ok. Erik had a scratch on his cheek from a book he was looking at, Linds and I were both sore from mild whip lash I would guess. But unfortunately my mom who was in the car with us didn't make out so well. She injured her neck and was whisked away by the ambulance. They thought for a time she broke her neck, but luckily she didn't. The other driver had no injuries and her car (a brand new prius) was barely battered. Luckily she told the cop it was her fault.

Now not only were we blessed to have an emergency cash fund, we were blessed with no major injuries, and an at fault driver who will admit it, but our insurance company has been great (check out usaa, it's no longer strictly military and they are AWESOME). Just today they called and said that we needed to buy a new car seat today and cut the straps on our old one. We were to fax in the receipt once purchased and they would reimburse the funds. Wow, thank you USAA. Our other seat was great, but once in an accident you shouldnt continue to use them.

All right so car trouble seems to follow us lately, so not only were we in a wreck but I have gotten 2 tickets in the last month and Lindsay got 1 as well. What?! None of them were speeding. Lindsay got caught on camera running a red light......oops! But mine I feel like were dumb, actually I am headed to the court house tomorrow to ask for a reduction on my first one. I came out of the carpool lane before there was an exit., the second I was on my phone..........aand in my defense it was two days after the accident and the number was an 800 number, and i thought it was the insurance company, but ole mister cop didn't care.

You want to know how lovely California is to me right now? REally? I want to move asap. those stinking tickets........... half a grand each! you may now pick your jaw off the floor and cry with me.

oh the trials!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh dear, thank goodness you are all ok from the accident. I'm sorry for all you've had to go through

lighting said...

Your picture just says "perfect". We got caught on a bad investment and lost a ton. Like you we are just thankful for storage, both money and food. Hang in there & good luck.