Tuesday, May 11, 2010

he has my heart wrapped around his little finger

(jammin to the radio)

I feel an urge to voice some of my feelings for my little man. Erik is the light of my life, he knows just how to make us laugh and smile. He will do anything to make us laugh, especially when he is being naughty.......he is smart and tries to distract us from his bad behavior and I can't say he fails either. Half the time Lindsay and I can't look at each other or him when that happens because we will bust up laughing.


Erik is very active and although it's tiring, I love to foster his activity so that he will grow to love being outside, running around, or doing fun activities. Music will always be a passion in his life I believe. He even went and turned on the radio the other day and layed down next to it listening. Watching Michael Jackson he busted out some new dance moves and couldn't peel his eyes off the screen.


I love having handprints on my windows and extra laundry with miniature clothing to sort through. I love Erik's birth parents and think the world of them. I hope to instill their love into Erik as he grows and starts to understand how special he is. I hope that I am the Mom that they would want me to be for him. Erik is such a sweet spirit and his pontential is far beyond what I ever would have thought I would have seen in any of my children. Honestly, not trying to be cheesy, I think he is destined for great things. I don't think he will be the president of the United states, but I do know that he will posess amazing leadership qualities, I think he was given a gift to make others feel good and loved and am excited to see that expound as he grows.


I feel blessed to be his mom and hope that I will be guided to know how to help him be the best he can be. I feel blessed to have a husband and a great marriage to provide that example to our son and hopefully more children to come.


Let me praise S and B a little more. They are such examples to me. They are both individuals that I would hang out with anytime. Being the adoptive mother of their child I feel honored to have been chosen with Lindsay to take on parentingof Erik. Erik may take on our mannerisms but their are still qualities that I can tell he has inherited from them. S claims she is stubborn and Erik follows right after her. I think it's quite comical at this moment in his life. Both S and B are laid back people and fun to be around, Erik was born with a laid back personality. I hope they will know and never doubt that we love them and will never hide anything from Erik. That when he has questions we will answer to the best of our ability and if he ever wants answers from them, we will contact them and let him ask them directly. I truly feel that they were selfless and able to put their personal desires and feelings aside to think about the life they wanted their child to have...........I will forever be grateful!

No comments: