Thursday, May 21, 2009

Seriously?!



Erik is getting so big, I can hardly believe it! He is almost 4 months old and is sooooo long these days. I took him to the doctor earlier this week and he is over 25 inches and just about 14 pounds. A most adorable string bean if I do say so myself. He is talking all the time now and has gotten more cuddly then he used to be. Pretty crazy! He can see us from much farther away now and has gotten a little bit of seperation anxiety when he watches me walk out of his line of sight. He wants to be held a lot more if he sees me near. It all melts my heart, truly! I don't get as much done, but I would much rather have him drooling on my shoulder and talking to me while I rock him, then be doing something like dishes. Can you blame me? Also with his new talking phase I've noticed just in the last day or two that I think he may be trying to sing with me when I sing to him. I sing to him a lot and lately he starts talking a bunch while I sing and when I smile he smiles and keeps going. I am not positive, but if I stop singing he stops too. So I gather he is trying to sing with me, but who knows- maybe that is just me imagining things.


(the video got cut off cause our card was full on the camera....and yes those are my pj's he is laying against on my legs...he gets ready before I do!)

I asked the doctor about the sunscreen issue, and for those of you who want to know.....he said using sunscreen was fine. He said the age limit is more for legal reasons against the company and that if I need to put some on that is fine. As long as I am taking all other precautions of using sun hats and keeping in the shade and such. Sweetness!

My first Mother's day was interesting. I had no idea what to expect as far as emotions go and was surprised that I didn't feel a ton of hype. That doesn't mean it was not a bad day, it was awesome! In years past, I always was anxious going to church on Mother's day never knowing what was going to be the hard part of church. Each year, some parts of the day were easy to deal with and other's were hard, but each year it changed. Sometimes I had a hard time seeing moms holding babies, hearing the talks, accepting the gift given, it was always different. This year I was not anxious to go to church so that was an odd sensation and I told Lindsay that I wanted to have Erik with me all three hours. Usually surrounding people like to hold him in the first hour, Linds takes him the second hour, and I the third. I told him I wanted to be selfish and hold him all three....it was wonderful! I also cuddled him and loved on him and took him in all day. After church I walked upstairs and found the following in Erik's room. It was family naptime in there, so cute!


Also this last week while I was getting Erik ready to bathe he decided to give me a nice warm present! I am actually it hasn't happened before now but it was worth documenting we thought. We get Erik undressed in his room and then carry him into the bathroom to get in the tub, that night the water wasn't quite ready so we were waiting when I felt a nice warm, wet feeling on my stomach...then legs, "oh man" is what I think I said out loud. I came down stairs to show Lindsay my nice surprise and he laughed and took a picture. He is the one who likes to let Erik be naked with no diaper for long periods but has never been given the precious gift I was given. I will take it that I am the chosen one!

Honestly who can resist those cute little cheeks? When I look at this picture I can't believe how big he is. Where did the newborn go? He is still young but so tall! We may have a great basketball player on our hands. And his fair skin is cute. I would say pretty but don't know if that is appropriate for a little man. One day I was thinking that I have my very own "Edward" who has stolen my heart! Erik's eyes can suck you in and when his skin isn't flared up is truly like porcelain and so gorgeous.
And I am so glad that I caught this smile. I try all the time to catch it on camera but it's hard, this one was bigger but I was lucky to catch it halfway through. His smiles are so big his whole face scrunches up and I love the wrinkles on the bridge of his nose and his dimples when he does that and of course his mouth opens wide! He will be a heart throb for sure one day. Back off ladies, he has to wait until he is at least 16!


9 comments:

Cristin said...

Luke is sitting on my lap and he has insisted that we watch the video of Erik talking 3 times! He laughs and thinks it is so funny. That first picture is super cute too.

Unknown said...

I love the little suprise he gave to you, and he looks so cute sitting in the bumbo seat. Family nap time is the greatest!

Jarom & Corinne said...

I love the first picture, how cute!

Cassie said...

He is so adorable! Are you sure the wet spot was from Erik, it looks like it could be yours haha! He is growing up quick, isn't it kind of sad! It is so fun to see them learn and grow but it is sad to that they will never be the baby they were yesterday! Just love on him as much as you can while he will still cuddle!!!

Backwoods Browns said...

He's getting so big! Can I just say how much I LOVE the bumbo! That was one of the best investments for a babe that can't sit up!
Brad always got those presents!! The kids I think waited until he was the one holding him or changing him! Lucky I guess;)
I am glad you had a great Mother's Day this year!!
I also LOVE his huge happy smiley face in that first picture! I swear too that they try to sing when you sing to them. All 3 of mine would do exactly what you describe! I think they like to join in !! It's such a cute thing. I am so glad you are enjoying him so very much! They really do grow up so fast!!

Jill said...

What a cutie...quite the talker too! I love it.

Elizabeth said...

Hey long time no see! lindsay I got your blog address from your dad. Sommer I seriously just spent like 45 min looking at your blog. Erik is beautiful what an amazing blessing. I was "ohhing" I was crying and I am just so happy for you guys. I have a really close friend who is trying to adopt and are waiting to hear now. You guys are going to be such good parents and that sweet boy is so lucky to have you both. Anyway I wanted to say hello so that I don't feel so much like I am blog stalking without you knowing who was looking..

Elizabeth (Hudson) Holdaway

Ylfe said...

These pictures are so adorable! He is such a cutie! And I love the napping picture.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Look at BlondeBhar sitting up. He has such a wonderful smile! We just started using our Bumbo for our ButterBhar. It is SUCH a great little chair!!! :-)