Friday, January 30, 2009

A few spare minutes

All right folks....so no pictures until we get back to the states...Sorry! We do not have a way to get then from the camera to a computer, and we are using all public computers here.

We safely made our way to Germany and were awake for a whopping 33+ hours! We got one hour increments here and there but it never felt like it! We got to experience England through a cab, the trains, and a subway (and yes, there were subway rats!) that reminded us of Harry Potter.

We met S in person as well as her Mother and that was great! They both were so sweet and have been a great help as we have maneuvered through the bases around the area.

yesterday was S's due date but her body is not ready to deliver the baby yet so we are all patiently waiting. The baby is doing well though and so is S so we feel good about that. We are guessing the moon babe won't make an appearance until at least early next week if not a few days later. The moon babe will also be born in a hospital where war heroes come to have injuries treated, so that is pretty special!

We feel extremely blessed to be here where we are and have this opportunity. Things have fallen into place oh so well and I know it's because of all the prayers and support that has been given in our honor. Thank You!!

I am not sure how much access to the internet we will have but I will post as much as I can about what is happening on the European front.

See ya soon,
Som

9 comments:

Cory and Becca said...

how exciting! Can't wait to hear and see more! :)

Cristin said...

Thanks for the updates. We have been thinking a lot about you guys and wondering how it is going. I pray everything goes well with the labor and delivery.

Allison said...

Exciting!

Woodrich Family said...

I just love reading about your experience like I'm there with you. I have a friend who has a day by day log of their adoption experience with the birth mother and her family. It just makes me cry. Thank you so much for sharing yours. Love ya!

Jarom & Corinne said...

Get some rest and keep us posted if you can, we cant wait to see the moon baby!!!

Patsfield Family Photos said...

Wow, how Awesome! I guess I didn't realize how soon you would be getting the baby. I was reading the new Ensign (for February)and it talks about Adoption. I started to cry because I know some many people who can't conceive, what a blessing it is for everyone involved, it truly is the ultimate sacrafice of love & you are so lucky to be a part of it! Good luck & keep us posted.

Unknown said...

yeah can't wait.

Jon and Maryanne said...

I am so happy for you guys! I hope everything goes well!

Backwoods Browns said...

Enjoy your time there! It's so exciting that it is all happening for you two now!!Yay!