Sunday, March 9, 2008

I have missed this place!!!

Hello again!!! I have totally missed blogging. A lot has happened and when I am struggling my introvert self wants to isolate. I realize this and am working on it. So that is where I have been, isolating. But that is not to say that the past month has been all bad, there has definitely been good at times. And I have a few pics to document......but that too we are working on, trying to take more pics. For example this week Lindsay was in vegas for the military and I took a few much needed days to go visit him, and we had our camera but its big and bulky and you cant bring them into the shows so we didnt carry it around too much. There is so much walking there that we would have had to walk like a mile just to go put it back in the car. We got a couple though.

So let me start back at Valentine's day........Lindsay and I had a gift certificate for a local historic hotel and so we stayed there. We upgraded our room so excited that we might get a jacuzzi tub and guess what the suite didn't even have any tub! What kind of suite doesnt have a tub to soak into? But it was soooo fun! We got to be tourisy in our town and walk around the cool shops downtown. And we found a sweet olive oil store that had all sorts of olive dips and vinegars and spreads, it was amazing especially since I come from italian heritage (I know I don't look it, but my dad is half italian and half swedish-I think I took after the swedish side). We also went to a movie called "Definitely, Maybe" and it was so good! The funny thing about it was that Lindsay had purposely kept me from seeing the preview (keep in mind we don't have cable and only get two fuzzy channels so it wasn't that hard) and then totally surprised me once we got to the theatres! It was so fun.

And then the roller coaster started it's descent in kind of a spiral manner. Things with my job got extra stressful and I was put into a position where I felt the need to stand up for the right possibly sacrificing some friendships, people's perspectives of me, etc. and I was having a really hard time dealing with it all. In the end I did what I believed to be right and stressed out like a mad woman, I have a cold sore I have been fighting to prove it. But I know that my prayers have been answered and feel comfort with the situation. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me so much and each one of us on this planet and that we will all be taken care of when we rely on him and his teachings and that is where I am at. By the way by doing what I thought was right, it turned out to be all right. I found support from people and trust from those who I needed trust from and I am so thankful for that.

So then this last week Lindsay was in Vegas for a business trip and I took a couple of days off and went down to hang out with him. IT was a blast! We stayed at the Golden Nugget and were able to shop and see a couple of shows, and just be together with no responsibilities. Lindsay didn't even have to go into work while I was down there. It was so nice. We were hoping for some nicer weather than up here, the sun was out which was nice but it was still cold, until yesterday when we left of course, it was 80 nice degrees. Those stinkers. But it was fun and was totally the break that I needed.

And the other nice thing is that tomorrow I don't have to go to work so I get an extra long weekend and will go back on tuesday how lucky I am!

I AM SO BLESSED! Hope that all of your weekends were great and it's great to be back and see the ground start to thaw!!!!

So blogger is being weird and I Can't upload any images but I will as soon as it will let me. See you soon!

Sommer

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry I have been so long in visiting, I really need to add you to my actual blog roll. Sounds like things are looking up, I hate when life is like a roller coaster. Hang on tight!