Wednesday, February 13, 2008

So Sweet!!!

Aren't these so sweet and pretty? So tonight Lindsay and I had gone to his parents house to hang out and be with family. When we got home I was pleasantly surprised to see these nestled in between our storm door and the front door along with a card. They were from my primary president that I work with, I was so amazed and felt so loved! How sweet she is.............and she doesn't even know that Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday. Below are the cards that I made a week ago for the occassion. Just thought I would share!


Valentine's Day although is highly commercialized is my favorite holiday due to the corny romance that stands behind it. I know that we should not have to have a holiday to show love for those around us and with our partners but I love having a reason to celebrate anyways. I love all the mushy stuff out there. You see Lindsay and I aren't that mushy in the traditional sense so this gives us reason also. He doesn't tend to bring me flowers although these he did give me when we were dating and I saved them ( he had them delivered to the copy center I was working at and there are 17 because that is his lucky number and one white one which neither one of remembers why- oops!),
but he doesn't like to give traditional gifts either. He usually shows me how much he loves me by doing things for me. I love it, since I tend to do the same things, but what can I say? I am a woman and I love the corny stuff too. So we will see how tomorrow goes!

1 comment:

the splendid life of us... said...

I love the cards you made! I love making cards, I havent made any in awhile and then I made one last night for a friend who just had a baby and it felt so good, I have missed it!