Thursday, March 13, 2008

Let's try this again

So I am going to try to get the pics up again. As far as updates go Lindsay is super busy this week with and "exercise", basically this means that the air force is simulating a real life event and practicing what they would do in that situation. They aren't allowed to really talk about it but it keeps them at work A LOT! I remember one time when we lived on the base hearing over loud speakers all these codes being called out for a few days straight, strange, and yet I am starting to find comfort in the military lifestyle. I know that we are in for the long haul so I am starting to find the great things about it and really find support.



I recently contacted the Family Support center on the base and they sent me this huge packet on adoption support in the military. We haven't read through it completely but Lindsay was skimming through it one night and found that they may be able to help with funding and have some fact sheets about military adoption myths. It was so nice to see that. To know that some of my deep fears were myths. And hopefully our birth mom will understand that even though our family is in the military that we will still be able to keep in contact and that the military life does provide stability even though we will have to move.




I found out yesterday that I will be promoted at work to bea supervisor. I have never been one before and I am really excited and yet nervous and scared too. But it will be good, I look forward to the challenge.




Now for the pics.....

Lindsay strumming on the guitar with his sweet voice coming out! He is amazing!

Me and the doggies hanging out reading a magazine. As you can tell they cant stand not touching us.

This was us one morning in our hotel room in Vegas trying to look cool, I obviously am tired and Linds is too cool to smile. What goombahs! We were trying to take a pic since we couldn't take the camera with us.

This was by the pool at our hotel the last day of our trip. That tank behind us was a shark tank, pretty cool.....especially at night when the tank was lit but it was dark out!

This was me on the bed at the hotel that we stayed at for Valentine's Day, it was a ton of fun as I mentioned earlier and the room was safari themed, totally fun!

4 comments:

Carlotta said...

How refreshing to get away. Oh how I NEED and WANT to so badly. That pool is amazing with the shark tank. Not to sure about swimming in it as my nerves would get to me. LOL

Anonymous said...

No one wants to see the Valentine's Bed!!
-Nathan

Anonymous said...

Sommer, what is your email address. This link on your blog takes me to the hotmail log in page.
-Wendy

Chris Grover said...

what a fun getaway!! i'm sure you just cherish your time with your hubby! i love the picture with your pups! they look like great cuddlers!