Friday, September 21, 2007

Let's see how this goes!

Well let's see......I grew up using a computer and yet I still feel illiterate. I need to figure out how to resize my pics before I can post any, otherwise they will take up the entire screen. But soon hopefully.

I decided finally to start this for a few reasons. Well first of all I was and still am a bit hesitant for the fact that it feels very vulnerable to be writing things for all to see, plus I am an avid journaler and I didn't want to lose that with typing a blog. But the other things I think outway those concerns. First Lindsay and I have no idea how much longer we will be stationed at Fairchild and so this will be a great way for family and friends to stay in touch with us. Also I have read many others blogs and have felt much appreciation for their posts as they have helped me, so why not give back a little you know? And I think it will be a fun thing to do in my free time, especially when Lindsay is gone on his trips. Oh, I hate those so much, but he loves his job and I wouldn't want him to be doing something he doesn't love.

It is September and what better time to start a new hobby than when the cold is starting to come? Well there we go my first post. I am sure that they will get better with time, but we shall see.

1 comment:

Beth & John said...

yeah! Your first post! I hesitated too because of how vulnerable I felt...even in front of my own family and friends. I feel so much closer to the people I can stay in touch with through blogging. It's just plain, real life conversations not directed at anyone in particular, and that's what I like so much about it. I've had fun hanging out with you and hope you don't move away.
BEth