Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fancy that

Sorry no pics today. I just thought I would share some very frustrating news. So you know that smobi I talked about. We were so excited to get close to finishing off the claim and I picked it up from the final mechanic yesterday. I drove it to get to playgroup and back and then parked it in the nearby residential area since we can't park it in our complex being that we only have one car spot. That was all fine and dandy, then when Lindsay got home from work he wanted to move it closer onto the street right near our place so that when he left before dawn for a TDY today that he wouldnt have to walk far. I followed him in our other car and we went on to a lovely dinner and then came home and did our normal evening routine.

Last night I didnt sleep well, Erik was coughing a bunch and I was having a hard time easing that, and then before I knew it Lindsay's alarm was going off at 4:15 am. I try to sleep as best I can while he gets ready so I can easily sleep once he leaves. 10 minutes later I hear him come back in and think, "Man, I just want some sleep-wonder what he forgot." Usually when he forgets something or cant find something I end up getting up and helping him so when I heard the door open I just jumped up and asked, "what did you forget? The keys for the car?" and not in a condescending tone, just wanted to know what I was looking for. He said," nothing.....you wont believe this but the car is stolen." Silence. I reply with "are you kidding me? You are not serious right?" "No, its really gone." "No way, we just got it back yesterday, it was parked in that spot less than 12 hours." He apologizes because he knows he is leaving me again for a trip and I have to sort it all out. Life isnt fair that way. I feel like I have enough to deal with to have things go wrong while he is gone. Let them go wrong while he is home so we can work as a team. Granted he calls when he can to check on me, the happenings, and if he needs to call anyone, he doesnt leave me completely cold handed but still it adds uber amounts of stress because not only is he not home but he is not usually easily reachable, so if I or someone else needs to call it gets frustrating.

Anyhow the smobi was just fixed and we were ready to finish up the claim and sell that cursed car off to some other person. But nope, we are stuck doing the entire process over completely. And with that comes more suspsicion from the cops and insurance company about me because both times I had driven it around the day leading up to the car going missing and although I know they are doing their job, it doesnt feel good to feel like you are defending yourself when you are completely innocent. I complied peacefully but it was not pleasant for me. I just wanted to scream and punch and throw a tantrum like a toddler. I didnt, I made all the phone calls I needed to, let our apartment managers know about it, called my mom, and then went and spent some down time with friends. That was nice, so nice. Then Erik and I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and my tender mercy was seeing that artichokes are in the shops now as they are in season and my mouth immediately started salivating. Came home, fixed up dinner, gave Erik a bath with cool glow bracelets to keep him entertained and ate my artichoke with a touch of butter in peace while he played and just about melted into heaven. SO glad to have small things like that end off such a bad start to a day! It was perfect!

Tomorrow is a new day and I am trying really hard not to get overly stressed this time around and just take everything day by day. I dont know why this year has thrown us curveball after curveball, I could do with some time with just trying to keep up with our normal life but we must be special for God to think we can handle all the extra. I try and remind myself often that when things like this happen, I can let it refine me and that I must have good potential that I dont see in myself because why else would we have trials put in our way? And I also remember, things could always be worse, my trials are just right for me and I would choose them over other peoples most days. So today was no good and so good. Just thought I would share!

No comments: