Saturday, April 14, 2012

Makka's

So I thought it interesting when I saw this campaign come up for Australian twist of McDonald's hamburgers. I know that around the world, McDonald's (commonly known as Makka's here -although pronounced similar to Makker's because when a word ends with an "a" it seems to get an "er" put on the end of it) seems to try to make a few menu items to the liking of the locals. Lindsay said he saw it over in the middle east, the McArabia and so I thought it cool when one day I saw this ad for the McOZ! When I looked at I couldnt figure out what was different at first. Then I noticed..............have you? Aussie's put sliced beets (better known as beetroot here) on their hamburgers. Quite lovely actually. And while I am here, I took this picture a while back and dont know if this campaign is still running, but thought it was an interesting tidbit.

2 comments:

This Girl loves to Talk said...

that would be Macca's... :D

we are slowly turning you aussie!!

The Moon's said...

oh man, I knew with all the different jargon, I would mess some of it up :)