Sunday, November 1, 2009

the itsy bitsy spider


erik was such a trooper for halloween. he is really sick with a chest cold and so we didnt actually go out, but he had the cutest costume so we dressed him up for a few minutes and took some pictures. i feel so bad for the little man........his voice is hoarse and he whimpers after he coughs every time like his throat is sore. poor little man. i am so glad that nana is in town though because otherwise i don't know what i would do, she has been our saving grace! she does what grandma does best and has been taking care of me and erik. she gives me breaks and is taking time to bond with little man which i am thankful for. she is a great example of time management.

i will let you in on a little secret. i am not the best housekeeper. i can keep things picked up but i have clutter tendencies and a serious lack of motivation to deep clean. i clean enough to not have our house be filthy gross but i am not as good as i could or should be but miss nana is a busy worker bee and helps me to see how to do everything.

10 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

Love the costume - so cute!
Have you tried using a humidifier in his room? We put one right by Brianna's bed on high while she was sleeping during her cough/cold last week. It seemed to help. Or maybe just drown out the noise of her coughing :( Get well soon, Erik!

Wendy said...

Oh how cute!! So sad that he is sick :(

Cristin said...

I love his costume! I'm so sorry he is sick though. Please let me know if you need anything.

Unknown said...

Ditto Chelsea about the humidifier. I hope he gets better soon, this is the worst part of being a parent. Poor little guy.

Jill said...

Super cute!! Hope he gets feeling better soon...it's the worst to watch your kids be sick :(

Cacia said...

Adele's costume lasted for about an hour! Hopefully next year will be more exciting.

Jon and Michelle said...

I love the spider.. so adorable. Sorry about his cold, it is so hard to see these little guys when they are sick. Don't worry it doesn't last forever and he will be better soon, just hang in there. Also I am totally the same kind of cleaner.. who has time to deep clean anyway:)
I do visit teach Vicki and she is a doll, i am excited to get to know her better:)

Elizabeth said...

I totally understand.. I LOVE when my mom comes because she loves to just clean and cook and play and read so I can just be.. Love the costume sorry he was sick though.

Backwoods Browns said...

Way stinkin' cute costume!! He is so handsome!! I hope he gets better soon! It is no fun having a sick baby!

Backwoods Browns said...

Also...I don't know if you know, but I learned a trick for coughing that is amazing! Run Vicks rub on both feet and put socks on and my kids hardly cough at all when I do that! It's safe for babies too since it is on their feet! :) Good luck!