Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Retail Therapy

So you know how I have had a rough going lately? Well today I decided to take hold of that and do some retail therapy. It was perfect! I had a $10 bill I was willing to spend and I went with the intention of going to the thrift stores to see if I could find any good toys or activities for the little man.



First stop was McDonald's. I know that is not thrift shopping but i was treating myself. I bought a few things off the dollar menu to satisfy my junk food craving. Then we headed to the first shop. No luck there...mostly just clothes for adults or older kids. Next stop we hit the jackpot. Usually this thrift store I find to be a bit pricey so when I went to the toy section I was a) suprised to see so many toys b)ecstatic that they were cheap! So with just under $7 this was my bounty for the day......


Can you believe it? They had another little people playset too but I didn't have enough cash. So now I just need to get some little people to help and I am good to go.


In case you can't see there is..

A fire truck that holds the large legos
A bag of the large legos
Alphabet magnets
Little people Jungle playset
a bib
An activity board and some miscellaneous small toys



I will admit, that felt wonderful!

7 comments:

Jon and Maryanne said...

Gotta love bargains!!!! :) Nice job! :)

Moon Family said...

Nice find! I am glad to hear you treated yourself. I hope Erik loves his toys and gives you a big smile for buying them.

bekki said...

I'm so proud of you you scored. Ok I just read your last post and all I can say is HANG IN THERE it will get easier. Race had turned into a monster 2 days ago finally he work up this morning all happy he is cutting teeth. I did cave in and give benedryl so he would sleep and it helped him he slept great. I wish I could be there to help you. But I have had many of those days they will get better.

Just remember sleep is so over rated. unless you really need it.HAHA

The Holden Family said...

give me the details of the sealing...if it's in spokane we might be able to make it...but i think i remember your mom saying it was in cali?!? nice haul with the shopping.:)

Andi Spinelli said...

Good Job girl. I am so proud of you. I wish so bad I could be there to help you out and give you a break. Keep up the good work. It goes by fast. See you in a couple of weeks.:)

Backwoods Browns said...

You go girl!! I love bargain shopping!!

chelsea mckell said...

ooooo, a fellow bargain shopper! Way to go. When I first read the post title I thought it would involve something about going to a big mall or a major retailer and spending serious wads of cash... the real story was quiet a relief :)