Thursday, February 3, 2011

Time flies

All right so you probably won't see many actual pictures on the blog for a short time. We only have one camera and Lindsay took ours with him when he left for his training for the move, so we are without and while yes I could take pics with my parents camera and everyone else's........well I have been lazy. So I will give you updates on happenings but you probably won't see too many pics. Although I did just remember we bought Erik a childrens digital camera for his birthday and so maybe you will see some pics from his perspective.



Can you believe our little magoo is 2 already! Holy cow...not me. We are celebrating his birthday in an upcoming weekend. He is in full swing tantrum modes and likes to run away from me every single, I mean every single time I ask him to get his coat or shoes on so that we can go out the door. I hate to run after him every time because he thinks its a funny game, and so I try my hardest to let him make the decision to come to me, but by golly we have places to go with time restraints sometimes and it is frustrating. And we are slowly approaching the "I can do everything by myself" phase which is so totally awesome (read that in a sarcastic manner please).



I love our little man, he is goofy and will do anything for a laugh, he is sweet and likes to cuddle, he is obsessed with airplanes and Thomas the train. He wants to feed and watch for deer outside all the time here at Grandma's house. Erik has started to say prayers, which warms my little mama heart but he loves the deer so much that when we start a prayer, now that he is saying them, he can't continue past the "dear Heavenly Father" because he thinks we are saying deer and he points out the window and say's "where go" or "dees (deers), trees" and then giggles.



Erik recently had to be evaluated by a physical and occupational therapist for our move. He has always been slightly behind his peers, but never enough where I thought he needed therapy. Well we have to go through a medical review process (please don't get me started at how annoyed I am with the whole system), and the doc thought he should be evaluated to make sure he doesn't need treatment before we leave. So he was evaluated and the occupational therapist said he is good to go, showed me some things I could work on, and gave me some great insight just about parenting routines. etc. She was way cool and a great therapist. The physical therapist was equally nice and although she did recommend some therapy just for the next month or so to catch him up to where he should be (right now he is at a 25-30% delay for gross motor skills) she said he wouldn't need continued help once we move. Wahoo! So I am glad that he will get help to catch up and I am eager to glean whatever info she has about helping him in the future. Seriously therapists have the best and most creative ideas for helping kids and not only that but all the ideas they both gave me are fun and things I can do just to help keep him busy during the day. The extra perk is just that he unknowingly is working on his motor skills. Genius!


Lindsay is doing well to those who are curious. He is enjoying the warm weather and sun that Australia has to offer and is looking forward to finishing up training so that we can all be together again. Luckily we have skype so we get to see each other but being together in person is the best. This will have actually been the longest stint of us being apart by the time we reunite, which is crazy. It's hard to be away, and it's hard to parent alone, but I am thankful to be around family that can help out, especially on those days, you know those days, we all have them whether we are parents or not. It helps to have an amazing husband who has helped me learn to keep a big picture perspective on life so that I can remind myself, that this too shall be but a small moment in time.

No comments: