Tuesday, July 21, 2009

catching up

I know its not good to catch up that we should be keeping up but I tell ya, this summer has been busy. In a good way of course but that has left me little time to blog as much as I would like. Hence the recent posts that have mostly justbeen about Erik, I figured that would keep the far from home family satisfied with his new milestones! We feel like he is seriously growing an inch a night and learnin all sorts of new things.
A few weekends ago we took Erik to the beach for the first time. It was super hot where we lived and figured the weather would be great at the beach. But we were wrong, it was super windy and chilly so we didn't stay long and Erik didn't get to experience the sand or salt water, sorry buddy!

In recent weeks he has started to grab and play with his feet which has been fun. Well aside from when he is trying to do that and squirm when his diaper gets changed, but I can handle that! Actually his diaper changes are some of my favorite times of day. That sounds funny, but I usually act super goofy to keep his attention from trying to roll or squirm too much and he usually talks a lot and laughs so its fun!


Ihad to record this moment with a picture because I had just turned on a baby einstein video for him to watch so I could make dinner and I sat him up sitting on the couch and he actually fell over into this position, I though he was going to fuss because he hates being on his tummy normally but he was just tired enough and entertained enough that he stayed like that with no qualms so I wasn't going to change a thing. He is just so darn cute, huh?



And another new thing, the tongue! He loves his tongue and likes to make all sorts of noises with it. His favorite thing to do at the moment is to stick it out and pant loud and hard, then he waits for us to laugh or mimick him and it the process repeats......too funny!
We had our last supervisory visit with our social worker and so that was nice to not have any more visits. We got the paperwork we need to file with the courts to start the finalization process this next month and...........................we heard from our birth parents and they are going to come visit us next month as well! We are excited to meet B for the first time and see S again. So we have lots to look forward to in the month of August, it will be splendidly busy.
THings should slow down in the fall and I see some trips coming up then to see some family or possibly travel to see Lindsay overseas in Europe! Yep, I may gather all my courage and travel alone with my 7 month old over the ocean to see his Daddy........we will see. We are on the fence about it right now,if so though I will need suggestions about traveling with a 6 moth old. Erik has traveled quite a bit, and I know he does well but by then he will be a lot more mobile. Suggestions?




3 comments:

Jarom & Corinne said...

he looks so big in the last picture, and so happy! Ilove it when you post! Miss you, love ya, corinne

Moon Family said...

I can totally understand why keeping up is so hard! It seems like catching up is the only option. My blogs are always about Zoey only for the same reason. It looks like Eric is sitting well in his bumbo! That would make Zoey proud. I cant believe how big he is getting. He is so dang cute and is growing up so much! We miss you guys and love reading your posts! I will call soon. Love ya!

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you are having such a fun busy summer!! Congrats on getting closer to finalization!!