Sunday, January 29, 2012

Uploading the video og christmas morning was workng but taking for.....ev.....er so that was a no go. Sorry! I even tried uploading to another site and it was the same.

But thats all right we will just move foward, it is nearly february after all. So Erik and I are doing school more and more. I would like to pick specific days and times, but I havent pinned that down yet. We do it when I take the time to prepare things or when we are really restless I pull some things together. He LOVES it which has helped me try to stay on top of keeping things planned. This day he really surprised me with a multiple step project. First we dot stamped strips, then he cut the strips - his favorite part by far. Then he glued them onto a paper....that is where he started to lose interest, we didnt get that many glued onto paper, and admittedly I ushed him a bit more than normal because I really wanted to get at least some down to send to grandparents. All in all I call it a success though.

Very attentively cutting


 One night I walked into the bathroom to find this scene. I asked Erik to tell me about it and he told me that his cars were protecting the shower for the night. He had done this on his own....I love how his imagination is growing, its so thrilling for me. I often find his cars lined up these days, he is getting to be quite a little organized little man and is so helpful with chores and things.
Erik helping defend the shower
 This is his posing and flexing his arms stance. So funny! We definitely have a ball with this kid.

I am so excited that I get to teach him at home for preschool like things. I have gotten all sorts of ideas, and while we will work on academic things, my goal is not to make him the smartest kid or reading before he heads to kindergarten. My goal is to simply aid him in his discovery of the world, take advantage of his curiosity and help to instill good habits and values. I know he is young but why not show him how things can be done and be fun or interesting and instill a love of learning to help him get through his educational years.

I am really excited. We will do other social activities like play groups and we are looking into doing a gym class. He is a very social kid and he gets lots of compliments of how well mannered and behaved he his. Yes I am tooting my little man's horn, he deserves it....he has been working hard at this experience called life and doing it well. He has adopted many good things. THats not to say he doesnt throw fits, ask us why a billion times a day, or disobey, he does, but in the grand scheme he is doing mighty awesome. Some days I take things hour by hour and some days I dont want to end, thats life with a kid who is learning emotions and how to cope, what things are or how they work. I have been entrusted to be his nurturing guide and I want to do it to the best of my capacity. I will not be perfect, but I will keep at it and try better each day.

No comments: